Monday, June 2, 2008

Hiking, friends, music

Those 3 words describe my 3-day weekend pretty well.

I had a day off from work on Saturday, so I got some friends together that can't hike with me and Sherrie on Mondays and did a Saturday hike. Almost everyone could only hike in the morning, so we decided to hike in Palmer Park in Colorado Springs. Though it's in the middle of the city, this is a large, bluff-filled park with miles of trails. Gil, Ani, Sherrie, Alison (& Sadie)& I ended up hiking about 6 miles on a perfect morning. Here's a group shot of us where we stopped for a snack and a picture of a bumblebee on some wild iris:



On Sunday afternoon, our new associate pastor, David Hall was installed at church. It was a wonderful festival service full of music. Our choir sang 4 different pieces, handbells played several, and brass as well.

Today, Sherrie and I headed to the Mt. Herman area near Monument, CO for more hiking and geocaching. We hiked about seven miles and found 8 caches. Here are a few pictures from today - baby pinecones, a white-breasted nuthatch and an assassin bug:


No comments: