Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!

A big welcome to those visiting my blog for the first time and a Merry Christmas to all!

If you didn't know, the moon and Mars were very close tonight and tracking across the sky together. Here's a picture I took (the best I could do with my equipment):


Tomorrow afternoon begins a marathon of worship services, which I'm really looking forward to. My handbell choir is playing at the 4pm and 6pm services. Choir is singing at 8pm and 10pm, plus I'm filling in with the other bell choir (also playing at 8 & 10). We just had a new organ installed at church this week, and I'm really looking forward to hearing all the Christmas music on it.





We are also singing and ringing for church on Christmas morning. I have an invitation to spend part of Christmas Day at a friend's house, and I'm looking forward to that. I also need to pack to leave for Kansas the next morning. I'm watching the forecast carefully, and so far it looks like I can get out of town in between storms. It should be an interesting drive. I'm taking an otter from our zoo and dropping it off at the zoo in Manhattan, KS on my way east. I'll have my dog in the front seat and the otter in a kennel in the back seat, so we'll see how that goes! For those not animal-savvy, otters are in the Mustelidae family, which includes ferrets & skunks, so they're pretty smelly. Here's a pic of Mulan that I took last night:


Lastly, here's a better picture of Hadiah and Mahal. They're still doing well together.

No comments: