Monday, October 1, 2007

Another hike and other stuff

Wow! It's been 2 weeks since I last posted! Sorry about that. It's been busy, but not much going on if you know what I mean.


Yesterday afternoon, I went with several other people from church to see the Colorado Springs Philharmonic and The Colorado Springs Chorale perform Beethoven's 9th Symphony. They did a pretty good job. I had some issues with some of the soloists and I guess my ears are getting better at hearing bad pitch/intonation/etc. We met afterward for dinner, and my choir director had many of the same comments.

Today I went hiking with Sherrie and Laurie. The leaves turned really quickly here and with wind this weekend, I wasn't sure we'd still find yellow aspens. We found some with no leaves and some mostly green, but very few were in the brief perfect period. It was still a nice day for a hike and great scenery.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was a waterfall along the trail. I found some rainbow trout in this little stream. They were very small trout, ranging in size from 3-6 inches.

We did find one geocache and headed toward another, but had to turn back due to time. I wanted to get back before the Rockies game tonight. Go Rocks!

Here are some bird pictures I took today:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Golden-crowned kinglet
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pygmy nuthatch

No comments: